DCS World 2.0

Insurgency and borderless global conflict

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bubi

DCS World 2.0

Post by Bubi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:46 pm

guess its out now...

It's been almost a week since the release of DCS World 2.0 and the Open Alpha of the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map. We are very happy to see the overwhelming positive response to the quality of the map and the level of enjoyment it is providing you. We do though realize that many of you are having problems downloading and installing DCS World 2.0 and the Nevada map. Our engineers are working to improve this and we are adding new file servers to improve this situation. Thank you for your patience. The Alpha release of the Nevada map has been very useful test for us to plan later, large releases

DCS World 1.5 Update

Although a lot of the public focus has been on DCS World 2.0 and the Nevada map this past week, we continue to update and improve DCS World 1.5. Once we further debug version 1.5 and we make the Caucasus map compatible with DCS World 2.0, we will merge 1.5 content into a unified version 2.0. Next week though we plan to release a 1.5.2 update.

DCS World 2.0 and Nevada Map Update

Over the past week, we have been keeping a very close eye on bug reports and have noted them in our bug tracking database. We are now in the process of addressing those bugs in order to bring the map from Alpha to Beta. We expect to bring you the first Nevada map update next week
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Steph

Re: DCS World 2.0

Post by Steph » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:35 am

Hi, chaps!
I am currently trying to fly again in DCS and I've seen that 2.1.1 was also available on Steam. I tried it on Friday but once I launched, I could only have access to the encyclopedia and another useless stuff. I could not click on Instant Action or anything else to fly...
All my modules were activated because I could select them but I could not launch a mission...
I've switched back to 1.5.7 att and waiting my account to be activated on ED forum for Tech support, but if you have any idea I take it!!!

Oh, and please, I know I should have turned to stand alone but at this time I try to make it work on Steam.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Where did you actually purchase your modules? If you did via Steam you'll have to go the Steam way. If it was through the ED shop you'll need the standalone. Because since a couple of months keys bought in Steam can't be activated in the standalone either.
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Steph

Post by Steph » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks Falcon! I've had an answer from the devs, you actually need to buy NTTR or Normandy to run 2.1.1. (Whatever platform you purchased DCS from).
If you want to enjoy Caucasus and avoid paying for new maps (which is my intention until I get all set in my new flat...), you have to wait for next update (2.5 if I remember correctly).

I, however, have a look at how to switch from Steam to stand alone, as Steam does not allow for unreleased material.

Cheers chaps!