DCS Controls Guide

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Vlerkies

Re: DCS Controls Guide

Post by Vlerkies » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Atreides wrote:When configuring the options I have 2 key binding sets for P51D that I can edit to configure the controls: P51D game and P51D sim
Do I need to edit both key binding sets or just one of them?
JUst one of them, whichever mode you fly, and that should be sim :)

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 am

Exellent thread Bounder,after only one day of having P-51D,my controls are all set up and working smoothly,especially helpful was the section on making the Axis of rudder,roll and pitch to be not so over sensitive,brilliant mate,thanks very much :)

Fang

Post by Fang » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks for the profile bounder, Now I have a slight problem I have put the LUA file in the folder directory but I cant see it in game. The load profile box is blanked out so I cant select it. Any thoughts.

Bounder

Post by Bounder » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 am

I'm not sure Fang, someone a while back tried the profile and had similar problems, will have to have a play and get someone else's profile to work out how to make them interchangeable between different people.
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Fang

Post by Fang » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 am

The strange thing is I have the exact same setup as you, same throttle, pedals and hog stick. Do you have to select your profile in game or does it just use it automatically. I have the steam version would that make any difference?
Fantastic aircraft by the way.

Bounder

Post by Bounder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:19 am

I've updated the section on joystick sensitivity. Previously it stated that it may be advisable to reduce joystick saturation. Not sure if I had a bug before or was being derpy (probable) but in short, don't do this - DCS will recognise full stick travel and you will end up limiting control surface movement.
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 pm

great stuff...
and when you get one a/c set up perfectly and have another you want done similarly, you can go into the file structure and do some copy/pasting to another a/c. There might be some differences in what each a/c offers, but its easier to deal with the exceptions than starting from scratch every time for each a/c. I recommend this shortcut only for similar a/c like the Su27, Su33 and MiG29 and there different variants. Or similar USAF a/c.
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:58 pm

So if you're wondering which way to go with mapping your TM Warthog or Cougar controllers to DCS...

A. in the DCS options/controls GUI (purely DX mapping)
B. in the TM TARGET or FOXY-CCP GUIs (software to DX button emulation)
C. A combination of A and B. (Harder to set up, but best of what both have to offer)

Consider that it takes more work and learning curve to use the more feature rich TARGET and FOXY, but they also are not USB port sensitive as going with DX mapping only via the sim controller GUIs (true for BMS, DCS, and COD). For example, when I only map my WHog using DCS or CLOD GUI, and I unplug my controllers and out them into different USB ports, the mapping order gets splashed around because of the way Windows assigns controllers IDs to ports. Mapping in software like TARGET and FOXY removes this dependency of every button and axis assignment by port.

Case in point, using TARGET or not in my DCS Me109k4 controller assignments makes a difference what I see in the button and axes mapping in the DCS controls GUI. Purely mapping in DX makes your assignments USB port dependent.

Things to consider.
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lachs » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Does DCS have a tutorial for the 109 similar to the 190 and others? I bought the 109 last week and expected a 109 option in the training module after the download, but it's not there.

Goat

Post by Goat » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 pm