Joystick Problems

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Joker

Joystick Problems

Post by Joker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

As everybody knows only four joystick slots are available for setup, my problem is that my ruddder and joystick are set to slot 5 and 6. Is there anyway I can change that?

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."

-General George S. Patton

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Re: Joystick Problems

Post by Vukac » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Joker wrote:As everybody knows only four joystick slots are available for setup, my problem is that my ruddder and joystick are set to slot 5 and 6. Is there anyway I can change that?
Screen shot please?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:26 pm

There is a free download somewhere that will re-number your joysticks. Can't remember the name but Google with throw it up. You could try that
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Joker

Post by Joker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Well new situation. I got my joystick set to joystick 1 now, the game shows the normal axis setup, but I can't use the joystick. I can move it as much as I want but it doesn't work. Sorry for not responding I was busy with school.

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:32 am

Joker wrote:Well new situation. I got my joystick set to joystick 1 now, the game shows the normal axis setup, but I can't use the joystick. I can move it as much as I want but it doesn't work. Sorry for not responding I was busy with school.
Have you mapped the axis in to the control settings? Under "Hotas"
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Joker

Post by Joker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Yes I sdould have and I think I might have found the problem, the axis I'm using seem to be connected to my rudder pedals and their X and Y axis. This might be the problem again that my joystick is joystick6 on my pc(I see that when I play DCS), so I still have no idea how to fix that numbering problem.