BoX GoatServer is up!

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

HotLunch

Re: BoX GoatServer is up!

Post by HotLunch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Jaydog wrote:
Break Break
------- Shade--- Can you get some Stukas and other BoS aircraft at the spawn bases? I'm a big fan of the Ju-87 on BoS.
You're going have to be able to find your target before you can bomb it Jaydog :lol:
More vodka Comrade!

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Had a good hour on it - awesome. Will definitely be a regular on here

Are you planning to limit the aircraft? any aircraft that won't be on server etc? Loved the turbulence btw..
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:09 pm

HotLunch wrote:
Jaydog wrote:
Break Break
------- Shade--- Can you get some Stukas and other BoS aircraft at the spawn bases? I'm a big fan of the Ju-87 on BoS.
You're going have to be able to find your target before you can bomb it Jaydog :lol:

You ain't never lied!! :lol:

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Miek

Post by Miek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:40 pm

It should be noted the password has a capital letter at the beginning.

Goat

Post by Goat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've been watching what's going on and it looks like the Europeans are having acceptable pings. Looks promising.

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Goat I spent an hour on it today and the server ran smooth no lags or crashing. It will be good to have our own server and I'll be using it regularly thanks :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Goat

Post by Goat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 am

Just noticed that HotLunch was on my server, his ping was 22... Started streaming Dunkirk in 4K... HotLunch's ping peaked at 22......

Special thanks to HotLunch for not knowing what I was up to... That means we need a whole lot of people on here to see what happens.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am coordinating with Goat to get a good solution for remote access, so I can upload updated mission versions to the server. Those of you finding bugs, and other descrepancies please report in this thread, but also know there are many fixes in the new version which is just waiting to get put on the server.

Woop

Post by Woop » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

I'll give the server a go. :salute:

Goat

Post by Goat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am coordinating with Goat to get a good solution for remote access, so I can upload updated mission versions to the server. Those of you finding bugs, and other descrepancies please report in this thread, but also know there are many fixes in the new version which is just waiting to get put on the server.
Awesome. We can update the new mission files tonight. I haven't restarted the server yet too, testing to see if weird shit starts happening with a known mission file... but it's been 36 hours of continuous up time and I've been on it several times with no issues. Also, I've been monitoring performance when other users are on and there is no impact yet... shit... I can even stream 4K video when a few European clients show up and they never notice... their pings don't change at all.