Squad v10 is out!

F2P tactical masterpiece on the BF2 engine and it's successor

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Biggs

Squad v10 is out!

Post by Biggs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 am

In case you dont already know Squad's version10 alpha is released.

It comes with a long list of additions and improvements

The ability to range your weapons is a much needed and highly effective feature. The bipods for the MGs are awesome... very accurate :twisted:

biggest thing i noticed is that the stamina re-gens faster as well as goes down slow than before, making getting around a little bit easier than before.
The ability to climb walls is great too... you can now get the drop on enemies that think they have your approach figured out... nothing like jumping down and surprising a bunch from behind!

anyway if you havent tried Squad yet now is a great time... there are still some small bugs but it is the most refined version so far.

Benny

Re: Squad v10 is out!

Post by Benny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:19 am

Digby, Spigot and myself played a bit today and Im pretty sure there are more people who would join us. I absolutely enjoyed these new features. You are more than welcome to join us any time.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Tried it again, and I still can't seem to enjoy it. It feels like you're wearing bricks on every limb as you hobble at snails pace into CQB combat - and the lack of universal 4x optics still drives me up a wall, it is ultra annoying.

Ill just chalk it up to me being nit picky and biased but I seriously never find myself having fun, winning or losing. Ill continue with PR and hopefully another update comes and finally hooks me.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Digby

Post by Digby » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Spectre wrote:Tried it again, and I still can't seem to enjoy it. It feels like you're wearing bricks on every limb as you hobble at snails pace into CQB combat - and the lack of universal 4x optics still drives me up a wall, it is ultra annoying.

Ill just chalk it up to me being nit picky and biased but I seriously never find myself having fun, winning or losing. Ill continue with PR and hopefully another update comes and finally hooks me.
Fair play mate! :salute:

Toast

Post by Toast » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 pm

I’m on it quite a bit now, it’s great balanced team gameplay is it’s strong point.
In my opinion CQC and in fact all soldier movement is fine, and improved with V10. It’s aimed to represent realistic soldier movement with heavy backpacks and weapons, it’s not COD.
Lack of loads of optics is to balance gameplay. Nothing worse than being pissed off by campers sniping all over the maps, again, it’s not COD.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 am

@Toast

I feel like it really isn't though, leaning and sprinting is really slow and takes about a second to get into motion - which makes the gunplay in my opinion really subpar. Moving with plates, rifle, ammo, water and a helmet is extremely shitty - but when you need to move you can run like no ones business. The lack of optics makes the game heavily reliant on close quarters and with the above opinion it only makes the experience worse if you dislike the aforementioned faults in game design, pack that onto selective scope distribution it promotes a lot of individual flanking... which is very "COD" like in my opinion. The maps also feel very condensed to fit this new "No sights, balls to the wall CQB action" and this becomes even more problematic with the amount of AT and Vehicles that roam around in such close proximity.

The idea that empowering players with realistic loadouts causes a campfest is silly anyways, because the game doesn't reward kills and forces objectives no matter what - and theres already an abundance of camping in the game anyways since tactically positioning a HMG, Marksman or IFV to cover an area is a valid strategy. What bothers me though is having all of the aforementioned be utilized but the average rifleman will never actually be able to see these threats, or properly be able to react to them. Giving everyone access to ACOG's will only enhance the firefights, since now it'll be harder to flank as an individual and will force Squads to overwhelm the enemy before they can tactically maneuver, which is how real modern day armys fight.

Just my very salty opinion though, if anyone wants to try PR to see what im smoking feel free to join me.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Onebad

Re: Squad v12 is out!

Post by Onebad » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 am

For those who didn't know, Squad V12 has been released a week ago.
The game now includes tanks, changes to the spawn system, persistent ammo mechanic and some other features.
In my opinion it's a great improvement over an already good game, and those who want to try out a good modern combat milsim should look no further.