Twilight of Cliffs Campaign

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BlackDog

Twilight of Cliffs Campaign

Post by BlackDog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm

A quick question for the mission folks...

Last night's mission was a lot of fun, but I noticed quite a bit of lag. When we use Donkey's Luftflotte, there is minimal lag (almost none) and the bombers stick together much better.

For the last couple of missions, the bombers end up stringing out all over the place, some simply turn back for no reason at all and the lag has been noticed by many.

Interestingly.... when many faced a slide show two weeks ago, my mission ran smooth as butter, yet having fitted the new GPU and ramped everything to the max, I was getting lag yesterday but granted most of it involved contrails, but when I had it, my Staffel colleagues also had it.

I am not sure if we are using old mission templates from pre 4.53 era? But the crashing issue seems to have been solved by sorting out the RAF spawn issue and I am wondering (if we are using mission templates), might it be better to use Luftflotte for the remaining missions, as the shifts require a restart anyway?

Just curious to learn more about how this title works and what does or does not work.

Again thanks for the mission guys and their efforts.... definitely the most underappreciated members of ACG in my personal opinion...

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

LuftAsher

Re: Twilight of Cliffs Campaign

Post by LuftAsher » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Even when I was right in the thick of it, I had no issues with frames. You were there too, you know it wasn't exactly un-cluttered airspace. Even Zyk, who routinely has his game turn into a slideshow almost every mission since the Blitz update seemed to have a better time than usual yesterday.

This shit is inconsistent as fuck, man. I don't know that it's as simple as Luftlotte vs Not Luftflotte.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm
Even when I was right in the thick of it, I had no issues with frames. You were there too, you know it wasn't exactly un-cluttered airspace. Even Zyk, who routinely has his game turn into a slideshow almost every mission since the Blitz update seemed to have a better time than usual yesterday.

This shit is inconsistent as fuck, man. I don't know that it's as simple as Luftlotte vs Not Luftflotte.
Seconded and can post video, saw no issues with lag/freeze at all yet members of my squadron reported it.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Aye, no framerate or lag issues at all for me last night...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Confirmed, no frame rate issues last night but probably because I couldn't fly. :suicide:
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Yeah it is weird.... strange how it randomly changes, which as Luft points out, suggests a random problem rather than mission base/tool.

Good to know.. ta!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:58 pm

I had problems with my putter yesterday, and that nearly went fucking flying I can tell you!

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 pm

:lol:

:D

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Dickie wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:58 pm
I had problems with my putter yesterday, and that nearly went fucking flying I can tell you!
Golfing gear is out of whack with the Universe though. If the driver works the iron throws a spanner, if the putter’s good the driver throws a wobbly and the balls have randomly activated tree and bush magnets in them.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Too ture, mate.