CLOD community in BOS

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Banzaii

CLOD community in BOS

Post by Banzaii » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 am

I'm interested in gauging interest in getting all the old CLOD community members together in a single place we can all enjoy BOS the same way we did the channel coast for so many years. I've seen your server several times in the server list but assumed it was locked except for ACG members. If there was a community of old CLOD members ( undoubtedly the most mature community in sims) and we had a location of to all congregate across squad lines in BOX, would you be interested? BOS in many MP scenarios feels like the community is cancer and it's beginning to wear on me. What is your opinions? I've also posted in the ATAG forum as well, likely more eloquently as I'm getting tired. Cheers!

~jarhead (old 92 Sqn Jarhead QJ-J)

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... hp?t=29958

Woop

Re: CLOD community in BOS

Post by Woop » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 am

The ACG server is usually open for all in BoX, except on Sunday nights for campaign. The missions on it are also very nice.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am

We already do congregate (ACG members anyhow) in BoX, so I for one am not sure what you’re getting at?

If you want to be part of ACG we always welcome new members, so long as they abide by the rules and provide commitment to attending campaign.

Best you get on Teamspeak and have a chinwag with some of the members, particularly look for the sardonic Dickie, amiable Gromic or the elusive Pitti.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:27 am

No, BoX is AIDS no-one wants to play it besides elitist ex-War Thunder players.

Banzaii

Post by Banzaii » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:58 am

Paddy wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am
We already do congregate (ACG members anyhow) in BoX, so I for one am not sure what you’re getting at?

If you want to be part of ACG we always welcome new members, so long as they abide by the rules and provide commitment to attending campaign.

Best you get on Teamspeak and have a chinwag with some of the members, particularly look for the sardonic Dickie, amiable Gromic or the elusive Pitti.
Zero interest in joining but I do appreciate the offer. This is not directed at you alone but the entirity of the old Clod community who were a class act after TF saved it. Would you be interested in a place were all those groups of great squads, ACG, 71st, 69th, ATAG, 54th, old 92nd and all the other blue squads you fought against frequented a BoX server thats wasnt aids? Essentially give Clod'ers a home in bos away from the cancer that can frequent the popular servers.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:38 pm

That's what we are trying to make with the ACG public BoX server... you are more than welcome to come fly with us on Wednesday's and Thursday's when many units are training.

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Banzaii

Post by Banzaii » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:57 am

BlackDog, thanks! I tried it out briefly today, any chance you can make a plug for your server on the ATAG thread as well? https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... hp?t=29958
I hope there is some feed back from that community. Getting the entire clod community who plays in BoX back together can only be a good thing for us all. Cheers!

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:42 am

You might want to reconsider doing that, as historically trying something like that over there is a good way to get banned.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 am

Hei Banzaii, welcome to our forums.

ACG moved it's main campaign over to BoX and has currently all hands full with improving it on the new platform. We run as well a server as you mentioned, however I currently don't know how much work goes into it. That being said. Everyone is welcome to join that one, unless it is used for our historical campaign.

There's quite some ACG members that fly regularly on all kinds of server, TAW, WoL, Coconut, ACG, ... you name it. Our german speaking Staffeln fly almost every week, especially Thursdays, between 20 and 24 utc. In case you want to get into contact with them it's probably best you post a call in this forum, or even better, join our TS and just talk to us directly.

I don't think we have the time, resources or interest for what you suggest, that is bringing the old CloD community together in an active way. But I can't speak for every member.

Personally, I didn't notice any major differences between flying on public server both in CloD or BoX. But then again I fly primarily our campaign or in company of ACG members.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Fuck ATAG and fuck Bliss, a scammer that would do well in Nigeria.