For new starters looking for training

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: For new starters looking for training

Post by Dickie » Mon May 14, 2018 8:58 am

Nars wrote:Hello guys!
New recruit here. I'm almost new to flight sims and recently bought CloD. I've been looking around and was astonished by the kind of gameplay you're (and have been) developing here. I very much like the idea behind your historical campaign and I'm really attracted by historical accuracy.

Putting that aside, I'm writing here because I consider myself to be at the beggining of my learning. At the moment I manage to take-off and fly around without damaging anything. I'd be glad to join some training sessions with the LW guys. Is still wednesday the day for 109s as says in the events on the website?

Thanks!
Hi Nars, sounds like a good start. Did you get online in Teamspeak on Sunday? If not then just jump in and find a Luftwaffe, and ask :)

JimmyDS

Post by JimmyDS » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Hello guys and virtual Pilots!

:salute:

With god speed!

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Are you looking for how to get started Jimmy?

SnS

Post by SnS » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 am

Hi all,

I am new to ACG but have been playing Flight sims for a while. I would seriously like some training on most of British Ac but firstly the Hurricane so I can join a Sqn. I would also then like some training on the ME 110 as this is a fun plane to fly although overmatched by just about everything, at least the way I am currently flying it!!

Happy to do training in the evenings after 19:00 UK time. Looking forward to participating in the campaigns and becoming a regular participant in ACG events.

SnS

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:06 am

SnS wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 am
Hi all,

I am new to ACG but have been playing Flight sims for a while. I would seriously like some training on most of British Ac but firstly the Hurricane so I can join a Sqn. I would also then like some training on the ME 110 as this is a fun plane to fly although overmatched by just about everything, at least the way I am currently flying it!!

Happy to do training in the evenings after 19:00 UK time. Looking forward to participating in the campaigns and becoming a regular participant in ACG events.

SnS
ACG is no longer involved with Battle of Britain or Cliffs of Dover. We're now invested with Il-2 Battle of Moscow as our campaign platform. If that sounds like something that you'd be interested in then we'll be happy to accomodate you. Of course you won't find a Hurricane there but the Bf-110 is still very much a part of the action.

Passion

Post by Passion » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:59 pm

SnS wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 am
Hi all,

SnS
Hi SnS and welcome. If you like flying twin engine aircraft and like ground attack don't overlook the Pe-2. If you want to give it a go just give me a shout.

SnS

Post by SnS » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:10 am

Thanks guys for the responses. Very happy with BoM with any of the German ac to start. I would like to try the Russian side but after I have mastered the ME 110 and other Bombers.

I have a Saitek X-56 HOTAS and rudder pedals so let me know timings, server end details etc and I will be there!

SnS

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:19 am

SnS wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:10 am
Thanks guys for the responses. Very happy with BoM with any of the German ac to start. I would like to try the Russian side but after I have mastered the ME 110 and other Bombers.

I have a Saitek X-56 HOTAS and rudder pedals so let me know timings, server end details etc and I will be there!

SnS
We're currently on a break until the 13th of January. The main thing I would suggest right now is hanging out on Teamspeak (you can find the details on our website) and getting to know some of the guys in the meantime. Currently we have two units operating the Bf-110: 10.(Schlacht)/LG 2 and 6./ZG26. 6./ZG26 is a German-speaking unit working solely with the 110 while 10./LG 2 operates a mix of 110s and Bf-109 E-7s.

If you're a German speaker, you'll want to talk to 8./JG26_Wiesel (add him on Steam), if not, go ahead and add me on Steam: 4./JG26_LuftAsher.

SnS

Post by SnS » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:44 pm

ok thanks - I am married to a German and I can understand and speak the basics but not sure about air combat German - but it would be fun to learn. I will add you both if you dod not mind.

SnS

Swordfish

Post by Swordfish » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi, I've been flying on and off for the past few years now, and I would seriously like to get into an active and helpful group. I mostly (99% of the time) fly VVS in BoS and such, jumping back and forth from bombers and fighters. I have all of the great battles, except with Bodenplatte. I like to consider myself a decent pilot, but I am not unprepared to be proven wrong.
I am in the eastern US (GMT -5) and am usually on around 18-1900 GMT during the week.