Hunter Valley Airshow - April 6-7, 2019, New South Wales, Australia

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

ATAG Pattle

Hunter Valley Airshow - April 6-7, 2019, New South Wales, Australia

Post by ATAG Pattle » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:43 am

Hi All,

Thanks for welcoming me to your forums.

ATAG Torian and I will be exhibiting Cliffs of Dover Blitz at the Hunter Valley Airshow, near Cessnock NSW Australia on Sat/Sun 6-7 April.

If any of the ACG Aus contigent live nearby, or are going anyway, would be great to meet you. We will be situated in the Wirraway Hangar , which is located on the western end of the airfield.

In support of our Cliffs of Dover Blitz TFS have commissioned a brand new, and I will say oustanding action packed poster!

Thanks to Bonkin and Buzz for all there collective assistance and encouragement of our endeavour.

I have printed 3 x A1's and 3 x 2's, so if anyone is attending, come see us at the end of the last day on Sunday 7 April. We have posters 4 to give away.

Yes, we are keeping one each! Attached is a copy of the new poster and what it looks like printed. If the quality of my photo comes out not so good, fear not it's my camera, it looks bloody brilliant on paper.

If you would like a printable version for A1, A2 and A3, pm me. I will need to send through drop box as the files sizes are A1 - 344mb, A2 - 188mb and A3 - 97mb.

Cheers,

Pattle

Vanguard

Re: Hunter Valley Airshow - April 6-7, 2019, New South Wales, Australia

Post by Vanguard » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Welcome Pattle!

It's good to see that Il-2 will be getting some publicity at an Aussie airshow, unfortunately our contingent down under is located in Melbourne (two) and Adelaide (one) so I don't think any of us will be attending. Regardless, all the best and hope you put on a good show!

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Thanks Vanguard,

I just received all the info for the event. Our location right near the front entrance, so every eyeball going to the event will see the posters, and hopefully come and say G'Day.

We were at the Scone airshow last year, which went well. I reckon this year will be a lot bigger, as the location is much closer to Newcastle and Sydney.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:09 am

Poster looks great Pattle!

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am

That's great news - grass roots publicity :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 am

Thanks guys. 6 days to go.

All set up. Just bought an awesome and cheap 5.1 stereo system to crank the volumn up. Have a warthog setup + yoke for those that want to fly a yoke controlled aircraft.

A second monitor to play a collection of TFS updates that Bonkin put together for me, as well as the classic ACG 'The beginning of the end' showcase. In my opinion still the best showcase of Cliffs out there. Be great if you guys did a follow up in North Africa :)

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi All,

Massive day today. Perfect weather. Thousand of attendees, all who would have seen our signed as we were near the entrance.

Lost count of the numbers of people who checked out Cliffs, and importantly had a go of either Torian or my rigs.

Cybermat joined us again this year which was brilliant.

Day two tomorrow which is expected to be bigger than today.

Pattle :salute

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm

Sounds great, best of luck with tomorrow (today for you).

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:17 am

Hi all,

I would love to have shared with you many great pics from day 2.

The great Australian weather wasn't the cause. In fact day 2 was exactly like day 1.

It was the crowd of people, not just enjoying the event, but in checking out and having a go at Cliffs of Dover. All day!!!

From about 9.30am to event close at 4pm, Torian and I would have had 30 minutes to ourselves. Torian was the only one of us lucky to sneak a lunch in.

Day 2 started nice and early with a 7am tour of the flight line, hosted by one of Australia's top Warbird photographers, Mark Jessop. https://mynikonlife.com.au/news/gear/the-air-up-there/

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... 1554677904

Torian really looking down the barrel!

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... 1554677950

The gates opening for the event turned into flood gates for us. Sheriff from Danger Dogs dropped into what was literally a room full of people having a go or in line waiting.

Many kids also had a fly, watched on by very happy and photo snapping parents with massive smiles, watching their young chargers getting stuck in.

Was great seeing people wanting to try and land. I enjoyed giving instruction and watching the sense of achievement on the faces of those that survived it! Would love to say I had a 100% survival rate but...

It was great having the Hurricane outside our door, as we could say to the kids, see that Hurricane, jump in and lets fly it! Worked a treat.

And I mean literally outside!

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... 1554677991

Later in the afternoon I switched from the joystick to yoke, with a highlight for me watching an 8 yr girl flying a Heinkel! And doing a good job, with a bit of coaching. Her parents were absolutely thrilled.

Plenty wanted to give a 109 a run to use the cannon's. I had my $50 bargain surround sound system (bought for the event as I use headphones at home - good for the marriage they say..) and subwoofer turned right up. The sound and the air rush coming out of the sub woofer was awesome.

When the Luftwaffe bombers were in the air the floor was shaking!

Lost count of how many people had a taste of what Cliffs had to offer yesterday. 100+ easily. Many openly commenting and in awe of how good it looked.

One guy was super excited to hear that a flyable Wellington will be in 5.0 as his grandfather flew them in the war.

Best of all, we have been invited back when the event is back on!

Thanks again to Torian for hanging our and representing our community. Was great to see you again mate.

Cheers,

Pattle