Yeovilton Air Day 13 July
No votes
Cosford Air Show 9 June
3%

Total votes: 36

Paddy

Re: ACG Gathering 2019

Post by Paddy » Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Interesting thread that seems to be going nowhere judging by the last few posts.

Does this need organising, as I can grab a bull by the horns?
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Crane

Post by Crane » Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 am

Paddy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Interesting thread that seems to be going nowhere judging by the last few posts.

Does this need organising, as I can grab a bull by the horns?
I'd appreciate that very much. As I'm traveling to the event as a first timer accommodation is the last thing that I need to sort out. If other people book a room in a hotel, B&B or camping it would make sense to book at the same place or on the same area.
Concerning all other activities I'm up for spontaneous decisions, but if you like to organize something all the more welcome.
Last edited by Crane on Tue May 21, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 am

Head honchos please correct me if I am wrong.

This years ACG meetup is pretty much cancelled. Only sporatic meetups will occur within some squadrons. Get in contact with individuals you'd like to meet up with and see if it will be worth your time. Do not rely on meeting people att our old base att Hilton Hotel, instead see how many plan on attending the Duxford airshow. Others may just stay to have a drink and skip the show entirely.

Bottom line is if you are unsure don't bother this year. Hopefully next year will see a revival. I'm personally counting on 2021 :salute:
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Crane

Post by Crane » Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 am

Bummer. Well, my flights booked so I'll go anyway.
Last edited by Crane on Tue May 21, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri May 17, 2019 10:44 am

Jammy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 am
Head honchos please correct me if I am wrong.

This years ACG meetup is pretty much cancelled. Only sporatic meetups will occur within some squadrons. Get in contact with individuals you'd like to meet up with and see if it will be worth your time. Do not rely on meeting people att our old base att Hilton Hotel, instead see how many plan on attending the Duxford airshow. Others may just stay to have a drink and skip the show entirely.

Bottom line is if you are unsure don't bother this year. Hopefully next year will see a revival. I'm personally counting on 2021 :salute:
That's a shame... It'll be the first time it hasn't happened in years... I can't say I'm too surprised though with everything that's been going on. (That's no negativity to anyone btw, I don't mean it in that way).

I reckon a break is a good thing, some people have been going year after year and the airshow it's self gets a bit boring. Personally, I only go to see you bunch of misfits.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Don't be too hasty - there may be a number of people who are still interested but haven't made their intentions clear since this thread sort of died. My advice would be for anyone who is up for this year's event to put a post in this thread now (and since people seem to be pretty shit at keeping up with the forums maybe spread the word on TS to get people to come in here) so that everyone can see who wants to take part. If even a dozen people plan on going to the airshow that might swing a few maybes and suddenly a proper, if slightly shrunken, meetup can still happen. Best of luck to you all :nice:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Villiers

Post by Villiers » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:43 pm

:( Rip curry night and Randoms home brewed ale.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:04 am

Villiers wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:43 pm
:( Rip curry night and Randoms home brewed ale.
There's always next year for all of that. :)
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm there on the Saturday but on the flight line, so if anyone is there, let me know

Crane

Post by Crane » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:44 pm
I'm there on the Saturday but on the flight line, so if anyone is there, let me know
Hey Matt, I'll be there Saturday, arriving at 2 - 3 p.m. and Sunday presumably all day. Wouldnt mind a pint or two in the evening too :B: