Reporting For Duty

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Reporting For Duty

Post by Steel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm callsign Steel and I'm here to join this group of wonderfull pilots.
I'll tell you about myself first, I'm 23 years old and I live in the far north in a country called Finland. I come from an aviation backround, born to a family of air traffic controllers and pilots, I am hoping to become a third generation ATC or the first airline pilot. I've been flying real planes with my father since I was 5 years old, from there on I grew an interest in aviation which hasn't disappeared since and I sincerely hope it never will. I got into flight sims around 2008-2009 and flew mostly civilian sims and the good ol' IL2 1946 in a virtual squadron untill about 2015 when the whole thing fell apart and I was left alone to wander the beautifull skies of IL2, after this I mostly flew DCS with my finnish friends (still do, need a RIO!!) and for a few weeks now I've been trying to get back to IL2 which has gone surprisingly well so far. I also have military experience aswell since Finland has armed forces that require conscription. I served in 2016 in a mechanized battalion in the finnish army aviation service flying/operating a recon UAV. I'm an NCO and I lef the army with the rank of sergeant.

I do not want to fly alone anymore and I've been wanting to join you guys for a while now, I will be online this week on most days and have already been talking to Bones and Elos (sorry mate, dont be confused, I changed my callsign to the one I've been using in DCS for the past 2 years :lol: )

I look forward to meeting you all and can't wait to fly with you!

Ps. Attached a picture of the plane we own with my father, our beautifull "Charlotte", registration OH-PDF

Cheers! :salute:

Management by perkele

Baron le Scrope

Re: Reporting For Duty

Post by Baron le Scrope » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:08 pm

Welcome Steel, All that is required is the ability to bail out with style then you will fit in nicely' A word with the powers that be to get things rolling, someone will come along shortly, get onto Teamspeak most evenings and have a chat.
Nice kite, does"nt look a bit like a hurricane though!. B.
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.

Elos

Post by Elos » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 pm

Hello there Steel (Hawkins), nice of you to join our forums, that's the one thing i forgot to tell you. See you around this week and hopefully for the campaign test mission on Sunday!

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Welcome Steel, great resume! But the crucial piece of information is missing - can you fly straight and slow enough for the allies to shoot you down?

Lovely Cherokee - slap a swastika on the side, and we'll happily take pot-shots at you :D

:salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Welcome to ACG Steel!

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:48 pm

Welcome aboard Steel, see you up in the blue :salute:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 am

Bunny wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 pm
Welcome Steel, great resume! But the crucial piece of information is missing - can you fly straight and slow enough for the allies to shoot you down?

Lovely Cherokee - slap a swastika on the side, and we'll happily take pot-shots at you :D

You dare touch her and I'll have your arse on sunday! :lol: :salute:

Management by perkele

Elos

Post by Elos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:00 am

Steel wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 am
Bunny wrote:

This one l imagined...

Last edited by Elos on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 am

Steel wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 am
Bunny wrote:

:lol: you'll have to beat the rest of the Luftwaffe to it I'm afraid :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams