Good evening all.

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Shock_the_Monkey

Good evening all.

Post by Shock_the_Monkey » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:55 pm

Hello everyone.

I am Shock_the_Monkey, though I usually go by Shock or Monkey. I am hoping to join this wonderful group of pilots under the ACG. A little about myself first, I am 22 and I hail from the land of England. I got my interest in aircraft at a young age due to my father being an avid modeller and also having a love for the Focke-Wulf 190 specifically and any interesting Luftwaffe aircraft as a whole. This also meant of course we went to air shows as a family outing when I was young and I ruined the experience for my father by crying whenever anything loud was on the runway or in the air and thus he had to take me away from our place along the flight line.

Thankfully enough when I grew older, I began to enjoy even these formerly too loud aircraft though ironically enough I started enjoying them when they were disappearing from service and/or from flight worthiness all together (RIP F-4 Phantoms, I never truly knew you). However being of my generation I made up for my lack of real interaction with aircraft by taking them out for flights and often fights virtually, having started all the way back with Ace Combat on the PlayStation 1, moving up to Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator on PC and now regularly swapping between World of Warplanes and War Thunder. Unfortunately my many attempts to get into and stay with DCS or IL-2 Sturmovik always seem to end abruptly in failure, a trend which I am hoping to correct.

With regards to aircraft I personally find interesting and/or I am hoping to fly within ACG, it mainly comes down to the big and/or heavy boys. My first love as you might tell from my profile avatar is the FW 190, especially the more Ground Attack focused modifications made to it. Following on from that I also rather enjoy the chance to effectively use Junkers Ju 87s and Messerschmitt Bf 110s when it comes to Axis aircraft. On the Allied side I adore strapping into P-40s, IL-2s and Pe-2s. I always tended to avoid flying dedicated fighter/air superiority aircraft to make up for the fact I am vastly under skilled and underequipped to perform such a role competitively.

I look forward to meeting you all and hope I get the chance to fly with most of you, if not all of you some day.
Gute Jagd alle! :salute:

Boyezee

Re: Good evening all.

Post by Boyezee » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi Shock, welcome to ACG.

If you can join us for our mission on sunday we can get you up with a squadron and see how you find it, the campaign starts at 19.00hrs BST so get there before and one of us will get you sorted out.

Woop

Re: Good evening all.

Post by Woop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 am

Hi Shock and welcome!

Just join our Teamspeak on Sunday and we'll get you briefed for the mission!