SYN_MrWolf here..

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf here..

Post by SYN_MrWolf » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I stumbled upon one of your videos and I loved what I saw.

I made some Rof videos in the old days.

I am a member of the Syndicate squad. We were very active with Rise of Flight several years back. When Il2 came some of us moved over and some went into sleeper mode. Our members share an interest in history and war birds. Some of our guys are still active in the Il2 community I assume you probably met them.

When I say active we have been mostly active in stuff around flying. The flying became a bit casual the last two years.Your videos showed the energy I remember and some others of Syn would like to return to.

That's why I wanted to ask...would it be possible for non ACG guys to join your campaigns? Can you maybe sign up for a squadron, while being a SYN guy?

Keep up with the good work and inspiration! Salute
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: SYN_MrWolf here..

Post by Ginger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi Wolf
I've had some great times back in the day flying on your server in RoF so glad you think we are doing well , as regards our campaigns I believe it's ACG members only unless someone higher up say's different , the reason being it's not just the flying involved but record keeping , reports etc, which is all linked to making ACG what it is. :salute:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

SYN_MrWolf

Post by SYN_MrWolf » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:41 am

Thanks for your reply Ginger..

I understand, it makes sense. Maybe I'll join you guys on discord or Ts one day.

Cheers,

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:39 am

Hei Wolf,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you liked what you saw.

To elaborate a bit on Gingers reply. The Sunday campaign is for members and pilots that want to try us out to see if they want to join. We generally do not take pilots on board that are members of another organization related to our main games/simulators (IL-2 CloD, IL-2 BoX, IL-2 RoF,...). We always ask such pilots to clear everything first with their old organization first, as we don't want to risk looking like we are poaching from others.
The reason is, as Ginger already hinted, that we have certain requirements to our members when it comes to the campaign. Attendance is mandatory, as is writing an after action report. We ideally want members that are with us for the long run, and not only a couple of missions, regardless of the simulator and game. And that they follow us along in the future and commit to the group and are open about what plane and role they are going to fill during the missions.
There's a lot of time and effort going into the missions and campaigns, in the organization of ACG in general. And we therefore need to be sure to have the support of the pilots for future campaigns. Additionally the units we have are dependent on reliable members that will stick together trough good and bad times.
We are of the opinion that we can't really ask this of pilots that are not 100% with us.

But please don't let this put you off. Everything can be talked about and I really invite you to join in our forum, discord or TS. Some of us do fly regularly on all kinds of server and you are more then welcome to join in.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

SYN_MrWolf

Post by SYN_MrWolf » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Thanks Thaine,

I completely understand. Who knows..I'll try it out some day. In the meantime I'll enjoy your guys youtube channel :salute:

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Outstanding film Wolf. It reminded me of "Slaughter House Five".
I don't own RoF, but recently purchased Flying Circus, and I'm really digging it. I'm hoping the ACG will put together a FC campaign. In the meantime, we hope you join us in BoM. The ACG really is the best.