Greetings from Italy

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Barone

Greetings from Italy

Post by Barone » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm 5th_Barone from Italy, I've encountered some of you on public server especially on Wiggy's fast dogfight server back in the days.
My mates from the 5th VSQN are on leave ATM and I'm looking forward to do something in between.
I just would like ask first of all if you accept new pilots among your ranks and if it is possible to share some words and understand how it works on ACG.

tks in advance and cheers
Last edited by Barone on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5th VSQN discord: https://discord.gg/RE52gzK

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: Greetings from Italy

Post by Ginger » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi Barone ,
New pilots are welcome any time , What normally happens is you turn up on our team speak on a Sunday at 18:30 gmt
and we will get you into a sqn for you to have a go and see if you like what we do. If you do decide it's for you then we would get you put into a Sqn / staffel which need pilots and Bob's your uncle. The main thing we need in return is a commitment that you will make as many campaign missions as possible , 7 in 10 is about the average . If you can't wait till Sunday then there's pilots on most evenings during the week. I'll be on tomorrow so i could talk to you then if you want.
Anyways hope to see you soon. :hi:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi Barone, welcome to ACG.

Are you interested in flying Allies or Axis and fighters or bombers?

Barone

Post by Barone » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Hi Ginger,
thanks for your reply. Tomorrow I'm out but I should be home for Thursday. One of the main question is the time one. I don't think I'm able to be ready until 19:30 gmt probably on sundays.

Hi Boyezee, fighter if definitely my place. We in the 5th VSQN flew both red and blue. Personally speaking for clod I'll say allies while for BoS-BoM I'll say Axis.
Last edited by Barone on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5th VSQN discord: https://discord.gg/RE52gzK

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi Barone,

We'll be doing the last Moscow mission on Sunday, so you're welcome to join in. We then have a 2 week break before starting the 'Leaning Forward' Campaign. Ideal time to join the group as units will be working up and preparing for the challenges ahead, so I expect there will be a lot of activity on the 'break' Sundays as well. Server start time is 1900 BST for now, but will be changing to 1900 GMT on 27 October (for the first Leaning Forward mission). There will be a written brief sent out ahead of the mission and usually a verbal briefing before we start, but your unit will look after you if you can't make the briefing time. Units will be fed into the server over the mission period, so it might be that you won't be getting airborne until some time after 1900. Training nights vary by unit, but Thursdays from 1930 seem most popular.

You're very welcome to join us!

Woop

Post by Woop » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Welcome Barone! As the lads have said, you're very welcome to join in!

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 pm

Hei Barone, welcome to ACG.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Digby

Post by Digby » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 am

Hi Barone, looking forward to seeing you fly with us! :salute:

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:00 am

Looking forward to seeing you in the sky's Barone!

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:41 am

Welcome to ACG, Barone! See you up in the blue!

Management by perkele