Team Fusion Simulations 5.0 Hawker Hurricane IIc/Trop

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:52 pm

https://youtu.be/ToSdmTrKAO4

The aircraft's nose is lengthened by 3 inches to allow the two speed supercharged Merlin XX. But that was counterbalanced by addition of weight in the tail to keep the CoG correct.

There is more weight with the four Hispanos instead of the eight .303's, as well as the heavier ammo.

And there is more drag on the airframe with the protruding guns.

So this means the aircraft turns worse... but not worse than a 109.

Overall, the Hurricane II's at +12 boost had slightly worse low altitude performance when compared to a +12 boost Hurri I.... but quite a bit better high alt performance.

The best performing Hurri II was the IIA, with the same gunset as the Hurri I... it was not much heavier. It is arguably a better aircraft than the standard 109E's at high altitude.

Later models got quite a bit heavier, with the IID being the heaviest with the huge 40mm AT cannon.

1942 versions were upped to an allowable +16 boost, which helped low alt performance.

Tropical versions had less power due to the permanent airflow restriction of the Vokes air filter... the filter could not be moved out of place with a lever or switch to allow free airflow like the German/Italian/American aircraft. The Vokes fairing also added quite a bit of drag which slowed the aircraft.

The four Hispanos do the expected amount of damage... so similar to a Beaufighter, except the Beaufighter is not so sensitive to convergence because its weapons are in the nose instead of the wing.

But a Hurricane IIC which has a free run at a bomber will do some nasty damage.

Revised damage modelling still underway, bombers will be tougher in TF 5.0 than 4.5.

All elements WIP.

Cheers,

Pattle

Meaker

Re: Team Fusion Simulations 5.0 Hawker Hurricane IIc/Trop

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:18 am

It's never ever been anything else but WIP though has it ?.......Team Fusion Solutions = WIP...the TF5 Update is WIP...Keeping The Dream Alive is WIP.....and frankly,I now find 'all elements' of my enthusiasm for this whole charade now very much now WIP.

With no release date in sight,and a diminished community getting more diminished year on year.you guys have missed the boat,IMHO........We're all soon be in another year 2020,and your still be just WIP.

Unless there is some glimmer of hope to when TF5 might morph from pictures into reality,forget it......boring :zzz:

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:27 am

I would trust, Meaker, given the number of updates that we might hear something sooner than later but you're right.

ACG will likely be back in Russia by the time TF5.0 emerges and by then, we will have such a choice of aircraft and theatre that North Africa may be forgotten like a distant relative.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:38 am

I should add my beef is not directed at Pattle personally,he is only the 'ambassador/salesman' here plying his trade......no,the beef is directed at Team Fusion Solutions......they're a farce.

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:07 am

Hi Meaker, Whilst date of release is not yet set, given the amount of updates over the last 5-6 months in particular, and the new components being shown during that time, our position to release has never been closer.

The reason WIP is always mentioned, is that there are components that are not yet finished. If WIP wasn't stated, there will always be someone, and fair enough to, saying that this part isn't right, or missing etc.

There will always be other sims. The sims currently out there, give us a different theatre to fly in, with a great array of different aircraft. I've been into WW2 flights sims since the 80's. With the upcoming releases of Bodenplatte and our North African expansion, now is the best time ever to be a WW2 flight simmer in my opinion.

If TFS hadn't been open on it's development of North Africa, no one in the community, outside of the committed TFS team (calling them a farce is pretty harsh) of which there are a number of ACG members, would have known how long it had been in development for, nor quite possibly cared.

5.0 will be judged on the quality of the product produced, not on the time it took to develop it.

Cheers,

Pattle

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:13 am

Meaker wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:38 am
I should add my beef is not directed at Pattle personally,he is only the 'ambassador/salesman' here plying his trade......no,the beef is directed at Team Fusion Solutions......they're a farce.
Wow Meaks, why don't you get a bigger brush.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:31 am

@ Pattle.......Sorry mate,I fail to see how your position to release has never been closer,when,as you put it,the date of release is not yet set.

When it has been set......then...you'll be closer :D

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:13 pm

There is always that one "Negative Nancy" that never has anything positive to say, or anything of value to bring to any conversation when it comes to TF5.0. Just wet blanket criticism...over and over. TF5.0 could release tomorrow and the same Nancy would bitch and complain about something about it. If you think you can make a better product and faster, do it. When it releases, buy it, or dont buy it but STFU already. It is what it is.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Jaydog……just because you have’nt got the basic intelligence to discuss topics without getting personal,you don’t have to retaliate like a big girl.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union