Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

UK_Force

RAF Basics - Training Missions?

Post by UK_Force » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 am

Hi all,

I watched this video earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SexVraRDZg4

and I was hoping someone maybe able to help with if this mission is available please, so I can pratice start up, Taxi and take off and landings in the Spitfire (on a concrete runway for now)?

Do you have a 'training mission pack' for RAF ...... I need to get heaps of basic practice in before I even join you all for training.

All help appreciated :)

Paddy

Re: RAF Basics - Training Missions?

Post by Paddy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Uk_Force, you can use the single player free flight mission in CloD and practice circuits in that. Take off and land on the same airfield until youre solid on it.

Your best bet beyond that is to have one of us as a flight instructor to spend time getting up to speed on formation, nav etc.

There’s usually someone around on TS you can approach for Flight Instruction. Alternatively, drop me a PM and we can go through things one night this week.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Seconded, I'm down to go through all the basics with you during the week. Just let us know your what time are you available at.

UK_Force

Post by UK_Force » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Cheers chaps,

At the moment, I have 2 issues I am facing however, before I can get online and train:

1. I have an Edtracker Pro - for some reason in IL2 - CLOD, I cannot for the life of me get it to centre in the cockpit, it is always set to 90 deg right? All other games it works fine, and I have watched many Online tutorial set up vids, and have sorted my opentrack mappings etc ..... its been a long day wasted on that front.

2. TS3 - Comms, I have a sim Pod, and have run my main gaming PC into there, using a Monitor Profile switcher, from Office to Sim .... all fine, but for some reason when I add my USB Gaming headgear in there, it fails to work. TS3 Sees it as my default comms, but is greyed out ..... plug it back into my PC direct, and all is good, maybe it is the 2m USB extender cable? (Although for eDTRACKER it works fine?)

Other than that - after 12hrs today I think I have mastered take off and landing on full realism settings, so not a wasted day totally.

If I can get the above 2 issues sorted I would love to get online and learn a few things I cannot understand.