Controversial video. Playing as the axis.

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Thaine

Controversial video. Playing as the axis.

Post by Thaine » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:13 pm

I stumbled across this video and it's a topic that now and then is mentioned in ACG as well. I have my problems with the logic they are representing. Any thoughts on your side?

Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Controversial video. Playing as the axis.

Post by Coopes » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:00 pm

It’s just an SJW video, I’m not even going to watch it.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Well, the guy who made the video is a moron who assumes that people who play as Nazi characters don't understand who they play as and are able to distance themselves from the ideology to enter history based entertainment. Same argument could be made for every history based video game as usually one or both sides were genocidal cunts with inferiority complex to some extent, be it Greeks, Romans, Macedonians, Mongolians, French, Britbongs and many other throughout history. Pointless subject really, on top of the fact that in every history set PvP game someone has to play as the baddies, as long as they realize that their characters are in fact baddies.

What I'm more annoyed about is the overuse of the term Nazi lately to a point where people are forgetting who started the bloody war.

Cule

Post by Cule » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:54 pm

thoughts from my side?

He is absolutely right! Don't equate any german soldier to the Allies! What an unmoral thing to do. "Be cognitive of the world around us".

I'm sorry for the short review. I'm on a hurry to hop into my Lancaster and obliterate Dresden to ashes.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm

If only RJ Mitchell had been a Nazi , we could of had Spitfires with auto prop pitch and fuel injection ,life's a bummer. :D
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:50 pm

Cule wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:54 pm
thoughts from my side?

He is absolutely right! Don't equate any german soldier to the Allies! What an unmoral thing to do. "Be cognitive of the world around us".

I'm sorry for the short review. I'm on a hurry to hop into my Lancaster and obliterate Dresden to ashes.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:59 pm

He's so wrong !Saying every German was a Nazi is like saying every terrorist is a Muslim! :popcorn:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:43 pm

The sentence "without actually opting in to it".
Well, don't play these games. Here is the choice you have. Simple as that. As if someone forces you to buy CS, CoD, Bf, Il2, AND play the multiplayer ... just nonesense on so many levels.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:53 pm

I still recommend their history content. They are well built, short, fun to watch and very informative for those who want a good summary on a certain event or person.

That said, despite trying to be neutral they are Left-wing orientated and can be quite biased at times, if not as often as possible. Beware
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do