Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Orb
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Staff
contributor

Re: BoS VR

Post by Orb » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Apparently they're improving the G2's lenses and audio, could account for the delay?

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:30 pm

There has been a lot general shipping delays depending on origin and destination because of the virus. Whereas much was shipped by air is now being shipped by ship (boat), which can account for up to 60 days. I read it on the shipping disclaimer on several items I purchased.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 pm

I had an email in August saying release was pushed back to October but that it would be essentially a simultaneous worldwide release so I should still have my kit on 'day 1'. They didn't mention improved lenses though, so now I'm extra happy :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Broadsword wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 pm
I had an email in August saying release was pushed back to October but that it would be essentially a simultaneous worldwide release so I should still have my kit on 'day 1'. They didn't mention improved lenses though, so now I'm extra happy :D
Who did you order yours through Broady?
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:40 pm

Erm...

(you would think I'd know this, since I handed them my money :oops: )

... found it! It was from this place - https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/ - which I was led to believe is the exclusive UK pre-order site. May or may not be true, but the price was fine (£525 back when I pre-ordered in July) and they look reasonably legit so I took the plunge :joyman:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Same here , i must of just deleted the e-mail :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Darky

Post by Darky » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Seen this posted by a few people now that fly flight sims and love the immersion VR gives but cannot use their switch panels.
This is not a way to use the pass through to see your panels but a way of keeping on your headset on for 100% of the time.
I fly IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad that has many keystroke functions so i bought switch panels to make this easier than trying to remember that left control plus 1 will get the flare gun and left control tilde will put the flare gun away and many many more configurations.
I was told about a program that is perfect for VR, i can now fly with my headset on press my map key on my joystick and make it zoom in or out left or right by saying zoom in or move left.
I can select my flare gun by just saying red flare.
I can put the flare gun away by just saying remove gun.
I can see the online stats of our battle by saying scoreboard.
The list of things is endless by using a program called Voice Attack. https://voiceattack.com/
This program selects keystrokes for your joystick and keyboard and mouse by voice commands.
When in multiplayer games and i get shot down i can say escape and my game goes back to the selection page to choose another aircraft without lifting my headset at all.
I do not have any connections with the developer of Voice Attack apart from buying the full version for £7.89p after using the free version, just sharing this information for anyone who is interested.

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."

Nails

Post by Nails » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:05 pm

I also have the HP Reverb G2 on pre-order. As soon as Asobo release the VR support for MSFS 2020, we will know the G2 is ready for release!

Have retired my home built Hurricane pit. At least with VR the cockpit is available as soon as you put the headset on!

I bit the bullet and went as far as IL2 BoS, BoM, BoK. Even ordered the collectors Hawker Hurricane!

Nails

Post by Nails » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:08 pm

The email regarding what HP had to say, was received on 24 Sep 20.

We are excited to see the positive reaction and strong demand for the HP Reverb G2 virtual reality headset, created in collaboration with industry leaders Valve and Microsoft. The HP Reverb G2 is the world’s highest resolution VR headset among major vendors1, delivering cutting-edge optics, inside-out tracking, spatial 3D audio, natural gestures, long-wearing comfort, and plug and play support for Windows Mixed Reality and SteamVR. This year, we have seen that the time is now for VR and the HP Reverb G2 brings high-quality VR with more immersion for gamers, interactive experiences for creators, increased engagement for collaboration, and higher retention rates for education and training.

The HP VR team is eager to get the Reverb G2 into the hands and onto the heads of customers who pre-ordered a device. We’ve been thrilled to see the community’s excitement and enthusiasm for the headset. To date, 20+ countries around the world have participated in pre-orders and we are appreciative of our Channel Partners who helped make pre-orders possible for so many customers. The excitement generated by journalists and content creators who previewed the HP Reverb G2 via early access only makes us more excited to bring it to the masses.

Now, the news many of you have been anticipating:

Customers who have already pre-ordered the HP Reverb can expect to receive their shipments this fall, starting in early November 2020. Pre-orders are expected to be prioritized for the time/date the order was made to our channel partners.
Demand has been high so all pre-orders made starting today, September 24 will start arriving to customers from channel partners in early December.

After all the testing in our labs and by our VR team at home, these are some of the elements we are most excited about you trying out:

2160x2160 per eye panel resolution
Render resolution and graphics powered by PC GPUs
Superb Valve optics
Industry leading audio designed by Valve
Enhanced ergonomics
Upcoming VR support for Microsoft Flight Simulator

A few updates we have made to the product since we first announced Reverb G2:

We have updated the lenses to reduce the Fresnel ring reflections and improve clarity.
The menu button on the controllers is now domed so you can distinguish between the Windows and Menu buttons by touch.
In addition to the full size to mini display port adapter, a USB-C® to USB-A adapter will be included in every box.
Our Engineers found an opportunity to lower persistence without lowering brightness and this required higher power draw, so the HP Reverb G2 will require the adapter to be plugged into the wall.

For consumer and commercial customers who are interested in learning more or pre-ordering the Reverb G2, we encourage you to check out HP.com/Reverb or SteamVR. To learn more about how HP is innovating for enterprises and developers, please join us at the VR/AR Global Summit on September 30, 2020. We are excited to have the HP Reverb G2 in your hands and to hear about your virtual reality experiences and adventures.

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:50 am

First person who gets one I want to hear how well it works. I need to upgrade all my hardware, but eventually I will be wanting a VR headset.