I see that Bos is on steam!

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Black

Re: I see that Bos is on steam!

Post by Black » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 am

vonLazan wrote:
Black wrote:From what I understood steam changed their terms of service so you can no longer add the gamecode to steam. Is it not possible that players of the steamversion play together with buyers of the non steam version? And more important, is this the case with DCS aswell?
Your DCS steam codes will transfer to a standalone DCS world. But there is no restriction playing between the standalone and Steam DCS clients.
Allright thanks!

Bounder

Post by Bounder » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:38 am

vonLazan wrote:
Black wrote:From what I understood steam changed their terms of service so you can no longer add the gamecode to steam. Is it not possible that players of the steamversion play together with buyers of the non steam version? And more important, is this the case with DCS aswell?
Your DCS steam codes will transfer to a standalone DCS world. But there is no restriction playing between the standalone and Steam DCS clients.
Confirming (including DCS) - this is true of any title AFAIK. Steam is simply an online shopping service and unless a specific release is unique to Steam, it will be compatible to play with the same game bought from a different shop. It is not like these are different platforms (Playstation vs Xbox) but different shops (Steam vs 777 or ED online shop). When you buy a game from Steam, they take a cut to provide download services etc and what has changed is that Steam are no longer accepting game codes bought outside Steam to use their services. As vonLazen says in the case of DCS, whilst Steam wont accept codes bought direct from ED, ED will accept codes bought in Steam.
Martinjas wrote:I wonder how I can merge my existing installation with Steam. One less icon to have to deal with and people will know what game I'm in... I casually looked through the forums, nothing too intense... but if anyone knows how to do this, let me know.
You can merge non-Steam games into Steam so they appear in your library, are launchable and let your friends know what you are playing in Steam, by adding non-steam games to your steam library (you can do this for any game). Watch the following youtube tutorial for quick and simple instructions:

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Goat

Post by Goat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:21 am

Thanks, I totally forgot about that option... Hopefully though, multiplayer will be compatible across all installations.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:36 am

Good one Bounder.