Forced to play SP apparently

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

II-JG3-Siggi

Re: Forced to play SP apparently

Post by II-JG3-Siggi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Toxic wrote:I don't even play BoS. But it is because of people like you that hurt this community more and more.
Ah, the good old "community" card. Allow me to educate you...community exists only where there is a consensus of likes and dislikes. Yes, opposites can get along, but only so long as one opposite refrains from getting personal with its opposite when it expresses a like or dislike without becoming personal with fellow members of a community.

That means I don't give a rat's arse if you choose to slag off a game I like, much less offer you personal abuse for doing it. Even if it did piss me off I'd still respect your right to express your dislike in any way you chose to do it. That's how people get along, broadly speaking. Instead of jumping onto the PC-culture bandwagon and whining "I'm offended! Compensate me!"

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm

II-JG3-Siggi wrote:
Toxic wrote:I don't even play BoS. But it is because of people like you that hurt this community more and more.
Ah, the good old "community" card. Allow me to educate you...community exists only where there is a consensus of likes and dislikes. Yes, opposites can get along, but only so long as one opposite refrains from getting personal with its opposite when it expresses a like or dislike without becoming personal with fellow members of a community.

That means I don't give a rat's arse if you choose to slag off a game I like, much less offer you personal abuse for doing it. Even if it did piss me off I'd still respect your right to express your dislike in any way you chose to do it. That's how people get along, broadly speaking. Instead of jumping onto the PC-culture bandwagon and whining "I'm offended! Compensate me!"
Did I ask for an explanation?

II-JG3-Siggi

Post by II-JG3-Siggi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Bounder wrote:I don't want to continue posting as I don't take any enjoyment from when these threads inevitably go down hill. Siggi, I apologise if I singled you out here and I'm sure from your perspective you are just trying to defend yourself but intentionally or not, you are escalating the situation and having fights with everyone. My post a couple of pages back was meant to defend your's and anyone else's right to have a fair and civil discussion on a public and open forum without personal attacks on either side. There was a discussion going on but it has now been completely derailed and I don't know what people are trying to achieve here now other than to wind each other up. I'm not a member of ACG and maybe I am overstepping my bounds but I implore everyone to take a break, we are getting nasty here over a computer game.
No apology necessary Bounder, but thankyou for the civility anyway. :)

It takes two to escalate however. Or, in this case, several vs one. It's the Alamo! :lol:

II-JG3-Siggi

Post by II-JG3-Siggi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Toxic wrote:
II-JG3-Siggi wrote:

Did I ask for an explanation?
No, it's a freebie. Consider yourself lead to water. ;)

Azref

Post by Azref » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Azref wrote:
Please get the hint Siggi. Or do I need to educate you on how to?

II-JG3-Siggi

Post by II-JG3-Siggi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Azref wrote:
That was clearly the Parkinsons "equivalent". :lol:

II-JG3-Siggi

Post by II-JG3-Siggi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Toxic wrote:
Azref wrote:
Please get the hint Siggi. Or do I need to educate you on how to?
Yeah, sure, go for it. Educate me. I'll go grab some pop-corn...

...ok, fire away matey, I'm all ears.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 pm

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Bounder wrote:I don't want to continue posting as I don't take any enjoyment from when these threads inevitably go down hill. Siggi, I apologise if I singled you out here and I'm sure from your perspective you are just trying to defend yourself but intentionally or not, you are escalating the situation and having fights with everyone. My post a couple of pages back was meant to defend your's and anyone else's right to have a fair and civil discussion on a public and open forum without personal attacks on either side. There was a discussion going on but it has now been completely derailed and I don't know what people are trying to achieve here now other than to wind each other up. I'm not a member of ACG and maybe I am overstepping my bounds but I implore everyone to take a break, we are getting nasty here over a computer game.
Bounder, some button-pushing is like dealing drugs to addicts. Easy to get them started, but hard to get them to stop. Lots of button-pushing here, unfortunately. I think it's best for those among us who do not wish to stay in this fight simply unsubscribe from the thread. For the record, I don't have anything personal against anyone here. I'd fly with any of you in CLoD or BoS . I like them both and only want to fly with like-minded people, and have a bit of fun away from every-day life. Cheers!
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.