one of our own (Ape) has posted a mini-review of BoS

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: one of our own (Ape) has posted a mini-review of BoS

Post by Flyby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:13 am

Oberman, of course you're welcome to fly with us. I hope we have many more opportunities to to visit the Russian Front. :)
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Just a reminder for tonight guys, 7pm uk time and of course to anybody else that wishes to join, meet in the BOS channel in teamspeak :)

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:10 pm

I hope my joystick profiles are adequate. Better try to squeeze in a bit more flight-testing. Wouldn't want to crack up on my first trip into the wintry depths. ;)
Flyby out

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Flyby wrote:I hope my joystick profiles are adequate. Better try to squeeze in a bit more flight-testing. Wouldn't want to crack up on my first trip into the wintry depths. ;)
Flyby out
This is something I haven't done much with yet, will try and tweak and map things before we start.

I was going to do it last night but I tried my new F-86 Sabre out and spent all night flying it :)

I will follow apes suggestions and see how they feel

Stig

Post by Stig » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:06 pm

I've adjusted my joystick profiles as Ape suggested, whether they work or not for me? Time will tell, but for starters leave me ample room on the runway and don't fly too tight a formation :lol:

See you tonight.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:10 pm

new update is out. be sure to update your game before flying today.
Flyby out

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Yep good point flyby, just noticed it now

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:10 pm

First time out,and not too bad. Several of us got kicked(?) from one Russian-language server and quickly joined another. We were flying the F4 (Fredrick), Boyezee, Stig, and I. The server ran smoothly (what was the name again?) until Stig had a game crash for some reason. We three had flown towards enemy lines until we lost Stig. Boyezee and I continued on. It was an air support mission for a Panzer attack on a Russian airfield. We navigated our way to the target area. It's a totally different experience flying that front. It looks great,and I could almost feel the cold becaues of snow as far as the eye could see from abut 4200m. Long story-short? We got into it with one Yak, with me getting a few hits on him Boyezee and I tried to coral this guy but he was very good. I think he called some of his buddies because next thing I knew Boyezee was warning me right about the time I took some hits to the coolant system. At least I didn't die. :roll: I executed a safe crash landing in a snowy field (what else would you expect?). I opened the canopy and reported to Boyezee that I could see a fight going on, and two planes were smoking. Boyezee came back with "I'm smoking! Do't know how that happened!" I know I didn't notice any sounds of impacts on my plane. The background of the wind noise seems to mask a bit. From videos I've seen, and heard,that seems to be the dominant noise around the cockpit. Probably wrong on that one. I just didn't hear any impact rounds.

This sim is very "atmospheric" for flying about in. Also, taxiing to the runway takes a bit of doing. If one thnkis of "plowing it" in CLoD, think of snow-plowing it in BoS. We avoided taking off that way,but in trying to find the runway(s0 we plowed a field or two looking for them.Cool to look back and see snow tracks from where we'd just been. The mission seemed to OK. First time I took 85% fuel in a while, out of concern for the distances,which I'm not yet used to thinking of. Definitely don't just take off. Look at the map to get your bearings to the target area and home again. It was partly cloudy and the ground becomes obscured, and its already interesting enough trying to gauge one's location without the option to turn the map on.Maybeit's disabled in the Expert server we flew in. THAT! will make it interesting if there's no map to refer to. I'm sure I missed something. Has to be a map.

Bottom line? I had a great time in BOS with members of ACG's 5./JG26 representin'! Guess I need to finish the campaign. Sorry I had to bug out so soon. My butt froze from sitting in my cockpit in that field, so I started walking WEST!! :lol:
Flyby out

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 pm

Sorry I couldn't join you folks. Sick as a dog at the moment and not in much of a condition to fly. Spent most of the day in bed in fact. Hopefully I'll be jumping on to fly around the russian steppe with you guys in future. Same time next week?

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Dave wrote:Sorry I couldn't join you folks. Sick as a dog at the moment and not in much of a condition to fly. Spent most of the day in bed in fact. Hopefully I'll be jumping on to fly around the russian steppe with you guys in future. Same time next week?
Dave,leave that cheap beer alone, man! I hope you're feeling better quickly. Same time next week? What say the rest of you?
Flyby out