for all you Gustav pilots, a video of restored 109s

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

for all you Gustav pilots, a video of restored 109s

Post by Flyby » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:53 pm

If you're flying the 109G in BoS, you may find this video of interest. It's a video of the restoration of two Gustaves. Of particular note is it's handling qualities which you can find being discussed by the restoration pilot at 9 minutes into the video. Also, watching the pliot at the controls, and seeing how the plane responds to his inputs may give you an idea of how to set your axis sensitivity for the stick anyway. That's my observation. It's a long video, about 90 minutes. It I hope you find it worthwhile
properly embedded:

Flyby out
Last edited by Flyby on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Obermann

Re: for all you Gustav pilots, a video of restored 109s

Post by Obermann » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:39 pm

I just now saw this video, Flyby. I'm not sure how I missed it, because I really get into watching videos like this one. Thank you for sharing it!

Edit: It would be awesome to see the cockpit view from a GoPro camera on the pilots helmet.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Obermann wrote:I just now saw this video, Flyby. I'm not sure how I missed it, because I really get into watching videos like this one. Thank you for sharing it!

Edit: It would be awesome to see the cockpit view from a GoPro camera on the pilots helmet.
It would be cool to hear the sounds from inside the pit as well. Be nice to compare them to what we fly.
Flyby out

Obermann

Post by Obermann » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:23 am

Flyby wrote:
Obermann wrote:I just now saw this video, Flyby. I'm not sure how I missed it, because I really get into watching videos like this one. Thank you for sharing it!

It would be cool to hear the sounds from inside the pit as well. Be nice to compare them to what we fly.
Flyby out
I completely agree. There was some footage in there (Im at around 54 minutes so far) from inside the aircraft, but the cameras seem as if they're a bit dated.

Also, I I'd like to point out what a beautiful aircraft Black 6 is. Black 2 is as well, but the engine doesn't sound like a Daimler-Benz, at all. It sounds allied in make! :evil: :D

Edit: At about 57 minutes (a little before and I believe a bit after) there is some pretty nice footage inside the cockpit with sounds.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 pm

did you see the message in the video which stated that sounds were added after the flight. Might be an Allison engine sound? Nope! can't be! Canit? :?
Flyby out

Obermann

Post by Obermann » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm not too sure, I didn't recognize it, though. Maybe someone who really has an ear for the aircraft engine sounds could tell?

Villiers

Post by Villiers » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:56 am

Jizzed in my pants. The Gustav is by far my favourite!