Adlerangriff. Mission 32: 18th August

Luftwaffe flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Von Archie

Re: Adlerangriff. Mission 32: 18th August

Post by Von Archie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Mission Date: 18.08.1940

Name: Archie
Unit: 7./ZG76
Aircraft: Bf110
Markings: M8 IP
Aerodrome: Calais
Victory Claims:
TimePlaceAircraftOpponentConfirmed
-Thames EstuarySpitfireTyroneWolf
ZG76 had major technical problems at the airfield, it seems that saboteurs had got in overnight and caused some mischief with our 110s (most of us suffered major lag) so by the time we were airborne and formed up the bombers were long gone.
With Grey away Wolf led and we finally formed up and headed north. Attacked by a lone Spitfire over the Thames estuary, Katt was damaged and attempted to RTB. The Spit then tried to attack me, but I dived away, he followed and of course blew his poorly put together engine. With Wolfs help the Spitfire was soon at the bottom of the estuary. After a long sight seeing mission with Wolf and Donnerschlag we landed safely at Coquelles.
I was almost to tired to go to the brothel tonight, but Mimi had said she had a special treat in store involving Claudette and a new friend called Brigitte, and a large tub of yoghurt.
Tomorrows another day.
Last edited by Von Archie on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Name: Javelina
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: BF-109 E-3
Markings: White 13
Aerodrome: Marquise East
Status: RTB just fine, A/C and Pilot in great shape, ready to resume the fight for the Reich!

Victory Claims:
--Hurricanean AI Hurri?No
Lead 2nd Schwarm consisting of Malarky, Obermann, and yours truly.

Rode herd over the "cow's". Left, right, left, right.... Saw Hurri's coming in for the attack... Came in from the East, about 1K above 'em.

Probable kill of a Hurricane, (put some serious cannon rounds into that f****r!). More info to follow.

Malarky and I were able to form up with Reiser, (of the 1st Schwarm), just North of the French Coast, on our flight back home. We're able to touch down and bring our crates in safely for another fight.
Last edited by Javelina on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Atreides

Post by Atreides » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Mission Date: 18th august 1940 1236-1416

Name: Atreides
Unit: 7./JG26
Aircraft: Bf109 E1
Markings: White 13
Aerodrome: Caffiers

Victory Claims:
1402Mid-ChannelSpitfireSH-W (Binkitone)Yes (Martinjas and StaryMruk)
Target for today: Kenley and Biggin Hill! We would go to the heart of the Lion's den today. The center of British air defenses in Southern England. This would again be a deciding battle. Losses had been high, but disabling those bases would go far into crippling the RAF.

Casca led us for the first time. He got us up in good order towards Canterbury and near the bombers. His plane got into some difficulties there (launcher crash) and I assumed command of the Staffel, while he tried to form up once he got that sorted out.

Enemy contacts were spotted to the north and other Staffels reported being engaged. We saw the contrailing dogfights (epic!) above us, and knew that engaging would be very unwise for us so close to the effective ceiling of our E1's. Our Rotte's had gotten separated (lag problems). Martinjas and I turned North. Zero, StaryMruk and Keroth got into dogfights.
Zero unfortunately was damaged and needed to land in England. Keroth got hit but managed to get home before his engine gave up.

While the bombers were nearing their targets, Martinjas and I attacked Hurricanes attacking the rear of the formation. We found ourselves out of position and again disengaged north. StaryMruk now rejoined with us.
After following a Hurricane west, we saw some more contacts higher than us and disengaged towards Buckingham Palace. "Not too long before this beautiful city will be ours" we thought, allowing ourselves a short moment to think about the inevitable victory...

Refocusing on the battle at hand, we returned to the bombers, who by now had successfully flattened Biggin Hill and Kenley! The 6th Staffel was engaged near them, but when we overflew them the enemies were gone. Shortly after we found ourselves joined by elements of the 5th Staffel.

One skirmish later we arrived over the Channel at Hastings, between the English Point and Wilmington. For a short time I was leading a formation composed of the 7th Staffel, the 5th Staffel and even Wiesel from the 6th Staffel. That was a great experience for me!

Feet wet off Hastings I thought we were home free, when Casca reported in being followed by Hurricanes on the deck close to the French point. These were so low that they probably didn't know they were so far away from home. As Martinjas, Stary and I started going high speed towards the French point, Martinjas suddenly got bounced by a Spitfire. The Spitfire-pilot immediately decided to disengage us and started heading to the bombers.

After I had asked 5th Staffel to go and help Casca at the French Point instead, we turned towards the Spit. He would not get those bombers! Stary was already close to him, and close to the bombers he and I started spiraling down with the Spitfire while Martinjas held high cover. Because of Martinjas covering us up high, Stary and I were able to completely focus on the Spitfire, SH-W. We both got hits in him. He tried out-turning us and getting away but we stuck on him until I managed to disable his elevator controls, after which he bailed.

Casca in the meantime had managed to land at Wissant (Edit: Apparently he met an untimely demise shortly after landing), covered by the 5th Staffel (Great inter-Staffel cooperation). We managed to get back home and land safely at Caffiers. Though we had lost Zero, who was now suffering as a POW (probably being forced to drink tea and eat biscuits), the rest of our Staffel and more than half of the bombers made it home, making this the most successful mission of the 7th Staffel until date!

Here's the video I made of this sortie (click here)
Last edited by Atreides on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zalzam

Post by Zalzam » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:03 am

Name: Zalzam
Unit: 7./ZG76
Aircraft: Bf110
Markings: M8 IF
Victory Claims:0

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:18 am

Name: Bubi
Unit: 5./JG26
Aircraft: Bf-109 E4
Markings: Black 10 <o
Aerodrome: Marquis East
Victory Claims: none

Came late to the party today, this time I saddled up with a kette of the 6th, couldnt find my 5th at the time

We found and flew cover over the bombers

and as they moved inland

more formation over England

Indians in bound up high

High cover 6th turn towards the Indians

Contrails!

The classic BOB Dogfight cockpit perspective

Checking six

The ENEMY!

Spitfire on my six. Fortunatel lost him

Going home after covering the bombers home

Covering the Old Man (5th Staffel Kapitan Boyezee)

I was low on petrol, so I was first down, watching Old Man landing
Last edited by Bubi on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Goat

Post by Goat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:21 am

Mission Date: 18th august 1940 1236-1416

Name: Martinjas
Aircraft: Bf109 E1
Markings: White 11

Victory Claims: None

On our return to Caffiers, when we were about 2/3 of the way across the channel to find Casca who was being chased by 2 Hurricanes a few kilometers off of French pont, a Spitfire blew by my aircraft from 9-3 O'clock. He didn't appear to fire because had enough time to move away from his gunsights after confirming that it was an enemy. I allowed StaryMruk and Atreides pursue him and spiral to the deck as I gave them cover from above. They shot him down, I'll confirm that I saw both of them make good hits and Atreides deal the death blow that took off his elevator. In this time, we got a confirmation from Casca that he was safe on the ground. We went about the rest as usual and landed at Caffiers.

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:10 am

mission date: 18 august, 1940
name: zyk
unit: 4./JG26
aircraft: bf 109 e-3
markings: white 6
aerodrome: hydrequent
status: bailed north of Canterbury aerodrome (assume captured)

a hope to a normal day went south when I had something dragging on my plane, took 3 attempts to get off ground. I use wheel chocks for the first time and they screw me. so, I catch up to group mid channel, at altitude. upon getting near action area again, north of manston area, lag strikes, not super bad like last week, but bad enough for me to not be able to follow enemy. after being separated from group, I continued west, bombers in sight, until I came across a hurri. he saw me, came at me, I hit him with a couple cannon slugs on a deflection shot, apparently not doing much damage. we made a few turns before I lost energy, and dove away, when I noticed I was venting. oil then sprayed the windscreen, had to bail north of Canterbury somewhere. am glad I bought my own catsup, English food is so bland......

Casca
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
contributor

Post by Casca » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:13 am

Mission Date: 00-00-0000 0000-0000

Name: Casca
Aircraft: E1
Markings: White 10
Victory Claims:
-----
It seems that just a few years ago I was playing the piano in a whorehouse just South of London. An easy job - no pressure - you don't go to a brothel to listen to the piano player. That was 10-years ago working to pay for my studies at Falmouth University.

Easy days playing the piano are long gone!

It has been one Hell of a day - first time commanding 7th Staffel into combat and several problems with my machine. What would I do without Atraidies?! I'll get him drunk tonight. Maybe even play a song or two for him as we drink Scottish whisky and watch the Bulls run.

Now oil covers my windscreen as I fly blind towards Wassant. I've foolishly blown my engine running across the Channel with two Hurricanes in hot pursuit. I have altitude and airspeed but the engine is Scheiße. After reluctantly calling for help, several come to my aid Southwest of French Point and scare the Bastards off thus clearing a path for me to make an Emergency landing. I've landed at Wassant several times in the past, never a problem, never seeing other aircraft there - it's a quiet place, primarily used for what I'm doing now. Vibration and low airspeed are hampering a side slip - I don't want to stall. I'm blind but see a slight silhouette of field through the oil...I know there's an incline on the approach end so I'll land long, zero flaps.

I'm down! Three point landing! 150K - Good touchdown speed! As my aircraft rolls out, immediately radio out to those concerned about me that I've landed. I smile to myself...yea I'm that good. The arrogant German, 'OBERLEUTNANT CASCA! STAFFELKAPITAN OF THE 7./JG26' You Britt bastards will never get me.

Suddenly...

WHAT?! NO!!! "Blödes Arschloch", are the last words I say as I roll into three parked 109's

Fuck me...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Casca on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donnerschlag

Post by Donnerschlag » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:53 am

Name: Donnerschlag
Unit: 6./ZG76
Aircraft: Bf 110 C4/N
Markings: M8+LP
Victory claims: none

Lee
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lee » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 am

Mission Date: 18-08-1940 1237-1331
Name: Lee
Unit: 5./JG26
Aircraft: BF-109 E4
Markings: Black -+4
Aerodrome: Marquise East
Status: Pilot and aircraft OK , RTB slight hits on fuselage
Victory Claims:
-----
On the bus , 10 minutes from marquise , My heart was racing .
There is actually a chance I would make this mission .
I ran out of the bus , shouting my ground crew to ready my aircraft .
10 minutes later , I was back at home , sitting in my E4 , canopy open awaiting my turn to line up .
Because of the severely depleted numbers of airmen in the 5th we could actually fit everyone for a single takeoff run .
Geschwaderkommodore Pitti was flying with us this time , and Krauss that had me as a designated wing man , was reassigned to Pitti's wing .
I lined up behind Dub and awaited my turn to push full throttle .
As we took off we began circling Calais awaiting the arrival of the bombers , this time we were assigned with the task of sweeping before the bomber formation .
Suffering minor technical issues , I found myself diving rapidly , I managed to recover in time , but not before I lost eyes on Dub and dove ~1K .
I managed to recover ands assume my position , with flyby at my port side .
We climbed higher and higher , and began contrailing above enemy territory .
The tommies appeared rapidly , but this time altitude advantage was ours .
As we turned to engage , Flyby lost eyes on me and got jumped .
I found myself alone again and took defensive position above the aft bomber formation who was scavenged by Hurries .
I dove for the attack , not intending to get a kill , but rather kipping the Hurries away from the bombers as assigned .
The aft formation sustained heavy losses but did not parish .
Other formations were hardly harmed .
After we cleared enemy landfill we made sure bombers were safe and headed to French Point , only to find out that 2 Hurries and a spit followed us all the way to Wisant .
By then we were mixed , elements from the 5th , 6th and 7th were flying together .
Atraides and his Schwarm followed the spit and managed to tech him a lesson , I guess he will need a dingy to return .
Hurries broke away and disappeared back towards England .
We headed for our final at Marquise .
After a text book landing procedure , in a left hand Circuit I made my final and upon vacating the runway taxied towards Boyezee and Krauss .
We lost Dub and Flyby , but managed to complete our designated task .
I am honored that Luftwaffe high command deemed me worthy of the Radiotelephony course , I just wish sessions would not be scheduled for Sundays ...
I hope next Sunday I will be back in time for wheels up .
Hauptgefreiter Lee