DCS MODERN CONFLICT: ACG:S/FWS

Insurgency and borderless global conflict

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:27 pm

That is right.

The "Air Combat Group Strike Fighter Weapons School" (Need nickname- TopGun already taken) will soon become a branch here at ACG.

Operating the world hottest fighter jets out of Nellis and satelite airfields, this school will aim to provide courses, practice and training on anything from the most basic (Start up and basic flying) to advanced combat procedures in various aircraft.

My aim is to have people contribute as we see fit, and have a relaxed atmosphere were people can meet up and learn from the 'masters' and have fun and practice their bombing og dogfighting skills in day and night conditions.

More info will come as you guys share your ideas on things you would like to learn and do. This is supposed to be a playground to mold better modern combat pilots for future campaigns in DCS.

We need instructors on various AC.

You can voice your interest, or you might be called upon to share your knowledge with a group. (Schmuck: Su-27, Random: Hawk, Mig-21 etc)

I will continue hosting F-15 events for people to enjoy while at the same time hopefully being a student learning from other pilots. If you'd like to join as an instructor. Please let me know:)

Turn and burn baby!

Ninja

Re: DCS MODERN CONFLICT: ACG:S/FWS

Post by Ninja » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:30 pm

As a complete novice at DCS I definitely need training count me in :)
S/FWS = Stall/Fuck What Shit.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Do we know when all this will be starting?

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:13 pm

It starts when you arrange your first course mate;)

This is simply me trying to open a new "channel" where training, and exercises can be held under the leadership of those who know to the benefit of all interested.

For my part- I expect to be launching pretty soon after DCS Nevada is out:) Gotta start learning a new ameican airframe first and have not decided between the A-10A and C. Got a feeling the C will be too diffcult- but if I arrange some "learn together" type thing it could work:)

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Sounds good, the Sukhoi's are all ready to go, we have the courses all set up and a power point too :lol: I'll need those interested in the Su-27 to PM me and then we will collaborate to get a time that works for all of us! I look forward to seeing you all there.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Though not required- a Modern Conflict forum post called: "DCS Su-27 Flanker TRAINING signup" would save you a lot of correspondance and cross referencing. Have people interested give a pling (Keep in mind that a lot of people on ACG don't keep up with the forums- so chatting in TS is also nice) and then set a time and date in plenum. Give a short description in the first post of what the first course will deal with, buttons people should have mapped, aprox lenght of session etc. That gives you everything in one place. It is also difficult to gauge interest in these things. Sometimes there are 10-15 people that want to join, others you have a couple or even none.

I will join if the timing is possible. I need to learn this thing from the ground up and the old FC tutorials are awful.

Best of luck!

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 pm

I have the F-15c, SU-27 and A-10c. I have no idea how to fly any of them. However, I will gladly tell people how to use them. If that is not what is wanted, then I would love to take some free online courses. Is this a branch of the University of Phoenix online aviation school?

This sums up my instructional philosophy:

A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid