Hello ACG

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

EvilCookie

Hello ACG

Post by EvilCookie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Hey guys,

I've stumbled upon your website after watching COD videos on youtube and coming across Ape's videos. I've been looking to get back into flightsims again and COD seems to be better now than how it was when it started. Would love to play with a group as playing games together while using teamwork is always much more fun. Allow me to give some background of myself. I go by my gamertag 'Evil Cookie' and have been playing flight sims since flight simulator 98. Afterwards one of the regular games I got hooked on was Aces High. I played that for a couple years and then moved onto FPS games. Now I'm feeling that itch to get back into flight sims.

I've just purchased COD and have yet to even open the game, but it would be great to do some training with experienced players.

Anyways, I'm not sure what the procedure to join is or how often you guys play, so if anyone could help me out, that would be great! I've hopped onto your TS server but I haven't moved into any of the other channels for fear of interrupting any game sessions. Looking forward to flying with you guys soon!

Take care

Pitti

Re: Hello ACG

Post by Pitti » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Hello and welcome! :)

Probably you hopped into our TS during the today's campaign mission (1900-2100 GMT) which is not the best time to get in contact with us. But at every other time, just jump into one of our squadron channels. :)

Good to hear that our videos on youtube do have some effect. ;)

Are you interested in flying for the Luftwaffe or the RAF?

Cheers
Pitti

EvilCookie

Post by EvilCookie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 am

Hey Pitti,

That is what I figured. Most gaming communities get together on the weekends to play, so I didn't want to interrupt that. The videos have been fun to watch so far. I've been doing the very basic training missions just to see how the game runs for me, which for now seems decent.

I'm most definitely interested in flying for the Luftwaffe but would also like to fly with the RAF from time to time to mix things up as I do like both side's aircraft. I just find the 109 quite interesting.

I'm curious to hear what hardware everyone is using with the game. For now I have a Thrustmaster Hotas X joystick and I'm quite interested in getting a TrackIR5 but I'll see as we progress and how often I play. Sometimes it is difficult for me because of school but I should be on most weekends and quite possibly weekdays.

Thanks for the welcoming.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Well you are welcome EC. Pitti is correct, it was campaign day yesterday and from 7-9pm we have a packed server and multisquadron action and as a member you can join into that. It is Easter Sunday next week so it's not on but I suspect there will be a lot of pilots online - just jump in.

The beauty of ACG is that you can mix it up. If you want to fly another type just jump in with that squadron (not for events though, that is where you stick with squadron and type). We allow the transfers so you won't get stuck in a type so if you are bored with the Spitfire and want to fly the 109 you can transfer from Allied to Axis. All of your questions can be answered in comms :)

See you soon
~S~
Osprey

EvilCookie

Post by EvilCookie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 am

Sounds great Osprey, thank you. So what is a good time to log on throughout the week so I can get some training with one of you guys and get my game set up? It seems like you guys run a mod of some sort when playing online?

Kristorf

Post by Kristorf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am

Hello matey, welcome
Regards

Chris

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:34 pm

EvilCookie wrote:Sounds great Osprey, thank you. So what is a good time to log on throughout the week so I can get some training with one of you guys and get my game set up? It seems like you guys run a mod of some sort when playing online?
During the week any evening attendance varies, so its up to you. You will need to bring the game up to date in steam then apply the Community Patch. I would link it but im posting from my phone on a cross channel ferry!

Could someone please post a link & instructions ?!?! Ta

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello EC and welcome

Here is the link to the download https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action ... SWZtcXNUQw

The information on installation below is direct from ATAG Forum here http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... php?t=3777

Patch installation is very simple. If you are brand new to CloD and you've just installed the game then really only points 4 and 5 apply as you can customise your controls etc in the modded version of the game.
1. Verify integrity
2. Clear cache
3. Save INI **Your control and graphics config** eg - confuser.ini / conf.ini files somewhere
4. Install patch
5. ***Very Important*** Start up IL2COD until you get into the loading screen. This creates a new folder under Documents/1cSoftClub called IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Mod. The Mod folder is where you place your saved config files.
6. Copy ini files over again to main folder

About Steps 1 and 2

1. In the Steam GUI, go to the Library, then the game. Right-click > Properties > Local Files Tab > "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". It checks your game for corruptions and missing files, and will replace them as necessary.

2. In your Documents, go to the "1C Softclub" folder, then the "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder. Within is a folder labeled "cache". Delete the contents, specifically of a folder labelled "shaders". You can dump the whole folder and it will be rebuilt after verification and game start (in my experience).

If you are worried that deleting an entire folder is bad news, just change the name on the "cache" folder to something else, and verify and restart the game. You'll see it is rebuilt, and if not, you still have the original folder.

Open the patch executable file (run as administrator) and point the mod to your IL2 Cliffs of Dover Folder generally located inside Program files (x86). Click OK and a status bar will show installation progress. Once complete you can close the installer.

The installer creates a separate folder under Documents/1cSoft named IL2 Cliffs of Dover - MOD. Please note you must move copy your controls and graphics configs (generally confuser.ini and conf.ini) from the Documents/1CSoft IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder to the MOD one as they do not have your saved configs.

Now you should be ready to fly!
No.111 (Fighter) Squadron - "Adstantes" - Standing by
"Worry only on the things you can influence and accept there are things beyond your control"

EvilCookie

Post by EvilCookie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 am

Ok set. I have the mod installed. Whats next?

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:21 am

EvilCookie wrote:Ok set. I have the mod installed. Whats next?
Jump into our teamspeak and have a flight with us. ;)
Help to tweaking the settings and so is easiest when you are on comms.