Mission Builders Needed

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Mission Builders Needed

Post by Geordie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:57 pm

I'd like to set up the 1946 nights again and this time I'm going to be a bit more organised about it. Me, organised? I know it's a shock.

I haven't heard anything back from Wolf so I'm going to take this under my wing. I'm not going to try and over complicate things with all sorts of fancy add-ons and we're going to run standard missions.

I'd like a group of volunteers to start making some missions for us to play. For those that haven't used the IL-2 1946 mission builder I can give a quick lesson on how to use it. The missions don't have to be anything special and don't have to be historically accurate they just have to be fun.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Rowns

Re: Mission Builders Needed

Post by Rowns » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:06 pm

Geordie wrote:I'd like to set up the 1946 nights again and this time I'm going to be a bit more organised about it. Me, organised? I know it's a shock.

I haven't heard anything back from Wolf so I'm going to take this under my wing. I'm not going to try and over complicate things with all sorts of fancy add-ons and we're going to run standard missions.

I'd like a group of volunteers to start making some missions for us to play. For those that haven't used the IL-2 1946 mission builder I can give a quick lesson on how to use it. The missions don't have to be anything special and don't have to be historically accurate they just have to be fun.
I volunteer only thing is, I don't know how to make missions and 2 I can't update the mod to the latest version.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:17 pm

I'll walk you thought this Rowns. I was going to do it last week but I didn't have time.
We'll do it over the weekend mate :)
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Oke let me know when you have I will probably online 24/7 or atleast almost.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:59 pm

I know how to put units in and move and ground attack orders do I qualify

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Bones

Post by Bones » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:59 am

I used to know how to use the FMB pretty well, but that was quite a long time ago. I could probably relearn how to make missions pretty fast. What sort of missions are we talking about? I'm suggesting a series of mini campaigns instead of random unrelated missions. For example a 6 mission Mediterranean p40 campaign followed by a 5 mission Hellcat campaign etc.

Edit:typos
Last edited by Bones on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:50 pm

That's not a bad idea Bones. We're looking for a bit a verity in flying is all. I love flying my Hurri but I'd like to fly something else from time to time.

Bones

Post by Bones » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Just tried the FMB again and it was easier than I remembered. I managed to create a test mission with a carrier take off and landing and some zeros as air targets over a Japanese carrier being attacked by American destroyers in about 30 minutes.

I could try to make a historical inaccurate campaign if and when I'll have some free time.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Does anybody know what numbers of humans/AI can be handled in 1946 Multiplayer - is it 100 approx. like Cliffs?

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Mpre then likely boy

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union