Kildren

Re: ArmA 3 - Breaking Point

Post by Kildren » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:24 pm

yeah watching yourself on tv must be boring

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:34 am

Keep in mind, you guys that are still learning the ArmA mechanics and getting used to controls, that there's a persistent 24-7 server for you to practice shooting and taking fire. The AI are not as clever as humans, but they are plentiful.

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:18 pm

i enjoyed last night... even if goat was trying to lead us all to our deaths.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:11 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, god damned goats. god damn.
A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid

Goat

Post by Goat » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:01 am

:twisted: I think it's really fun to drag a group of Bambis into a dangerous place for a gunfight. :twisted:

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:58 am

I should change my name to foresight cause I saw that shit coming from miles away.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:34 am

SHame I felt unwell and had to stop, I was enjoying it too. Now I have to find you bastards again. Maybe you can get to me? :D

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:49 am

I have been thinking, normaly such games like dayz and BP are called runningsimulators, sad enough for us it isn't. For us it is more a regroup simulator. So my solution is: we make 2 groups. with 4 or 5 members each. each group has one leader. Each group pick up there members then we all regroup at the same point.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:14 pm

I am certainly in favor of having two groups. But those two groups should be working together so regardless of the size, we still need to get everyone in the same place. Also, this waiting thing is happening because the mod does not tell you where you are on the map and for guys that are new (and we have had new guys come in both weekends), we have to gently insert so they don't blow out their assholes. What I am trying to say is that its going to take time for people to familiarize themselves with the map and navigating through it. This doesn't even bring us to getting comfortable with shooting mechanics, using cover, understanding the health system, eating and drinking and all kinds of other shit. The only way to fix these issues is to play Arma but at the same time we cant expect people to put 20 hours into this during the week just so they can be good teammates in BP. It is going to take time (as in a couple/few more weeks) before we can expect people to be able to get to a place on the map we want them at. I am very much in favor of setting up a rallying point that everyone should be able to navigate to. Imo, Bor would be an ideal choice. It is on the west side of the map, is not too far north, doesn't have a shit ton of player traffic and has 3 deer stands that can spawn some good loot.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:24 pm

What I will do is volunteer to go find people that are lost or new spawns and who need to find us. It would be a good idea for there to be at least one other person who is really familiar and comfortable in this mod so we can work to bring the bambi's off the coast. I probably should have done this last week when Kuntz was running in every possible random direction but the one he needed to go in. That must be incredibly frustrating and could act as a deterrent to new guys giving the game a shot.