New super awesome medieval games coming out!

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Menace

New super awesome medieval games coming out!

Post by Menace » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:08 am

Hey dudes,
I was on the prowl, and since I'm an avid Mount and Blade player, i've found (quite a while back actually, just been too lazy to post about it) a new MnB game coming out called: Mount and Blade: Bannerlord Price Tag: TBD

It looks 5 times better than its predecessors. Like holy hell, I can't wait.

The second one is: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Price Tag: Standard(Beta): $50 Deluxe(Beta): 60$

And I must say, it looks SUUUPER sexy. I'm really liking it just from watching the videos about it.
A bit high in cost for me, but I really want to get it.

Tell me what you guys think :D
Ayy blyat!

Mesa

Re: New super awesome medieval games coming out!

Post by Mesa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 am

I own the latter, It's aight. (They're obsessed with getting every aspect of clothing, arms, ensigns, heraldry etc. but they're perfectly content with getting languages off by 600+ years, and I'm not talking about the language that your character speaks but rather the tongues of foreigners whose speech you're not supposed to understand i.e. Germans and Cumans, which in the game speak modern Hoch-Deutsch and Hungarian.)

Though I'm sure that I am the only person that has that complaint.
Man loves liberty, even if he does not know that he loves it; he is driven by it and flees from where it does not exist.

Men have no special right because they belong to one race or another: the word man defines all rights.

No me pongan en lo oscuro a morir como un traidor:
yo soy bueno, y como bueno
moriré de cara al sol.

―José Martí

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:03 pm

:lol:
Mesa wrote:I own the latter, It's aight. (They're obsessed with getting every aspect of clothing, arms, ensigns, heraldry etc. but they're perfectly content with getting languages off by 600+ years, and I'm not talking about the language that your character speaks but rather the tongues of foreigners whose speech you're not supposed to understand i.e. Germans and Cumans, which in the game speak modern Hoch-Deutsch and Hungarian.)

Though I'm sure that I am the only person that has that complaint.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:50 pm

mount and blade sure is a great game, but for me lacks the momentum in hand to hand combat. theres no real weight in your strikes what makes combat a little too much arcady and judging from the video they did not change this. still, this did not prevent me from playing it waaaaay too much, so bannerlords will probably a better version of warband, just like warband was a better version of the original

i dont understand the second video. first he says he did not play the game himself, then comes a 10 minute advertisement for the game. nevertheless he states all promised features as facts
either that dude is an idiot for being uncritical with the devs or an idiot for being purposly deceiving. would not trust that video

Menace

Post by Menace » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Haha, i can see what you mean there Hannibal. Maybe he's sucking up and wants a free Beta copy ;)

As for mount and blade, I know what you mean. It's addicting, but the combat isn't very... Stronk.

And Mesa, I was wondering if you could expand on what you mean with the languages? I'm afraid I don't understand in full. EDIT: Nvm, got it. Just had to reread it a few times. You're saying that what they speak is all using modern dialects and slang?
Ayy blyat!

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm on the beta for Kingdom Come: Deliverance and that's looking pretty good so far.

Also looking forward to Bannerlord. I've enjoyed the previous iterations and this looks to be taking the concept a good jump forward.

Toast

Post by Toast » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Never done medieval games, but Deliverance looks good and maybe worth a punt.

Instantly put off of Bannerlord's realism by the Legolas style, endless arrow supply.

Lexius

Post by Lexius » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 am

if bannerlord treats ammo the same way that older mount and blade games did then there won't be an endless supply of it.
In warband i believe i tend to run around with about 30 arrows?
It's probably another cheat that the devs used while showing off footage....they do that A LOT:D

garfieldjohn

Post by garfieldjohn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Medieval games aren't my fav genre, but this one is awesome. Thanks for recommendation.
Just click here. It's an awesome site.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Pariah wrote:I'm on the beta for Kingdom Come: Deliverance and that's looking pretty good so far.

Also looking forward to Bannerlord. I've enjoyed the previous iterations and this looks to be taking the concept a good jump forward.
Hey Pariah,

I've got one hell of an itch for KCD. Today's release day. Worth scratching at full price?

Grom
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron